You may submit your queries to NPA anytime from the contact us link. For FAQs see below:
Q: 1. What are functions of the National Police Academy?
Ans. National Police Academy conducts following pre-service and in-service training courses:-
1. Initial Command Course for Assistant Superintendents of Police.
2. Senior Command Course for District Police Officers/District Superintendents of Police.
3. Capacity Building Courses for in-service police and officers of law enforcement agencies.
4. Train police officers of friendly countries.
5. Specially Designed Course for a batch of police and officers of law enforcement agencies.
6. Hold Seminars & Workshops on variety of Policing Subjects.
7. Issue National Training Policy for Police.
8. Publish Research Papers.
Q: 2.Where is the National Police Academy located?
Ans. The Academy is located in Sector H-11, Islamabad, close to Islamabad Police Lines Headquarter.
Ans. The Academy primarily trains officers of the Police Service of Pakistan selected through competitive examinations held by the Federal Public Service Commission. It also provides training to the officers of Police and law enforcement agencies.
Q. 3.Can I join this Academy as a trainer?
Ans. Yes. National Police Academy strives its best to provide excellent training to the trainees through experienced, dedicated, devoted officers and other eminent resource persons, e.g. faculty members of renowned Universities or who has expertise in any other field that has relevance and can equip the officers of police and law enforcement organizations, having command in their respective fields. Therefore, NPA welcomes any distinguished person who has the necessary vision and proven expertise in the relevant subjects can contact this Academy in the greater interest and cementing the efforts of this Academy for nation building.
Q: 4. In case of any query, to whom it should be addressed ?
Ans: Commandant, National Police Academy is the head of department who would be addressed in case of any query. Administrative related queries are dealt with by the Deputy Commandant’s Office, whereas, training related queries are dealt with by the DIG/Director CPTU.
Q: 5.How can I join the training programmes of the Academy?
1. Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) is a government department which conducts Central Superior Service (CSS) exams for All Pakistan Unified Groups. Police Service of Pakistan (PSP) is amongst these groups. After competing the CSS exams the successful individuals undergo Common Training Programm (CTP) at Civil Services Academy, Lahore which is followed by specialised training programme of groups in their respective training institutions. National Police Academy is the specialised training institution for the officers of Police Service of Pakistan.
2. Apart from above core course, a number of other training courses are offered and circulated amongst all of the police establishments and law enforcement agencies seeking participation. Officers are nominated by the heads of respective organisations to participate in these courses.